Wednesday, July 1, 2009

5K race

So every year there is a 5 k run walk and roll race I did it a couple years ago, and I had a lot of fun so I decided to do it again this year. Tiffani, Mallory, Carolyn, and my roommate Melissa all did it with me. It was so much fun, but it was definitely an early morning. These are just a couple of pictures right before the race started.
The race started at 8 in the morning and I went as fast as I could for the whole 3 miles. Everybody kept up with me the whole way, and I was going pretty fast. My chair goes like 13 miles an hour so I was zooming by lots of people. There were times when I definitely wanted to stop and rest because my arm was so tired but I persisted. On to the end!





Ha ha, so as we were running we saw a lot of cops blocking the roads. So we all thought it would be fun to have a cop radar me when I was going as fast as I could to see the exact mph. Ha ha ha. It was really quite entertaining. He even pretended to give me a ticket and put handcuffs on me for going to fast. It was pretty funny. But my brother has those pics.


Woohoo!!! I got first place in the Wheelchair Division. I beat like 6 other ones. Mallory and Tiffani got 2nd and 3rd in their division. I'm so glad that I did this, I had a blast!!! Three of us got a medal, and I'm glad that I could hang with my buds, Mallory and Tiffani. And of course, my roommate Melissa was amazing to do it with me too. It was definitely a memorable morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment